If you are running an eCommerce store and would like to try to make it more of a success, then you will certainly want to consider every possible avenue when it comes to gaining not only visitors to your store in general – but also valuable visitors who are likely to translate their visit into an eventual purchase, therefore helping to ensure that your store is able to be much more profitable in the long term. This is key to business success, and it is important that you do everything that you can to help drive that important and valuable traffic to your store. One key tool to help with this is Facebook remarketing – the ability to tailor advertisements on users’ Facebook pages to link with websites that they have recently visited, even in as much detail as being able to take into account the specific pages that they chose to visit while on the website in question.
To the majority of Facebook users, it may seem surprising that so many of the ads displayed seem to link with recently visited websites or pages that are related to hobbies or interests that they are involved in – however for digital marketers it is simply all a part of their overall strategy with regards to driving more sales through to their own store whenever they possibly can. Research has shown that Facebook advertising is one of the most efficient and effective strategies when it comes to gaining more traffic to an eCommerce store, and with this being the case it is vital that, as a store owner, you understand exactly how to make the most of the opportunities available to you in a way that will bring positive results to the success of your store in the long term. The great news is that it is actually quite simple – and the entire process gives you the chance to engage with the very people you are trying to find; those who have recently visited your store but then left the website before ever making a purchase. Facebook remarketing is an excellent tool in this respect, and this blog will help to take you through exactly how to set this up in a way that works well for you and your store’s needs.
How does Facebook remarketing work?
The best thing about Facebook remarketing is that you are spending your allocated advertising budget on people who you already know hold an interest in the niche in which your store fits – as they have already chosen to visit your website and have browsed through items on it in the past. By using Facebook’s feature to help, you will be able to install a code onto your website, that places cookies on the computers of people who visit each and every day. Then, this sends the information back to the Facebook servers and they will be able to see exactly which pages each user chose to view.
After you have set up your code in this way, you will be able to use your Custom Audience Preferences tool to target key groups of individuals who fall into the categories that you are trying to target. An example of this would be if you were interested in individuals who chose to view a specific product, or those who added items into the cart without then bothering to check out and complete their order. This gives you a great opportunity to perhaps send pictures to users of the items that they almost purchased, and this could serve two purposes. Firstly, it could jog their memory just in case they had been distracted during the checkout process. Secondly, if they were in two minds about whether they wanted to make the purchase, seeing the images may well persuade them that the items are indeed things that they would like to buy from you. Facebook remarketing has been shown to be a great way to improve your conversion characteristics, and for this reason it is a great tool to use if you are able to.
Now that you understand what Facebook remarketing is all about and how it might help you to have a positive impact on the conversion rate of your eCommerce store, you will almost certainly want to try it for yourself. If this is something that you are interested in, then these five simple steps will help you to set up your ads so that you will notice the difference in your conversion rate as soon as possible.
- The first thing that you will need to do is to log onto your Facebook Ads Manager account, and then click on “Business Manager” and select “Audiences”.
- Then, click on the “Create Audience” option and click on “Custom Audiences”. This means that you will be able to choose the people who you are specifically aiming your campaign at, so you will only attract the attention of people whose traffic is going to be beneficial to your cause.
- Now, you must select the audience that you are aiming at. By selecting “Website Traffic” your ads will be displayed on the screens of those people who actually visited your website.
- At this stage, you can be even more specific about who you would like your ads to be displayed to. In addition to displaying them to the people who have visited your website, you also have the option of choosing to target people who visited certain pages or viewed particular items, and this means that if you are trying to push sales of a certain thing, you will be able to do this by using this method of Facebook remarketing. You can also choose people who haven’t visited your website in a certain amount of time, and this can be a great tool when it comes to trying to attract people to your store who have visited it in the past.
- The final thing that you need to do is to create your pixel code and add it onto your website. This is to enable Facebook to track visitors to your website, and see which pages they visit, so then the correct people are shown your advertisements in accordance with the preferences that you have set. In order to get the code that you need, all that you need to do is to click on the campaign that you have created, and then click “Actions”, and “View Panel”, where you will be shown your code. This is what you need to add to your website, and once either yourself or your web developer have done this, you are ready to go, and your campaign will all be up and running.
How to make your Facebook remarketing campaign a success
If you are going to spend money on a campaign, it is important that you do everything that you can to ensure that it is going to be successful in the long term. By putting in the effort in the early stages, you can be sure of the best possible effects, and this means that your money will be well spent, and will translate into the most possible profit in the future.
The first thing that you need to do is to consider exactly what you are trying to achieve from your campaign, and who it is that you would like to target with the advertisement that you are placing. For example, are you trying to push sales of a certain product, trying to improve conversation rates, or simply trying to reduce cart abandonment on your store? Knowing who you are trying to target is vital, as this means that you are able to understand how to put your campaign together, and how it is going to work.
Next, you need to make sure that the ad you place is going to grab attention. There are so many ads that appear on Facebook these days that the vast majority of them go unnoticed, and the main aim here is to ensure that yours is not going to be one of them. Making the design stand out is the first thing that you need to do, and it can also be a great idea to offer the customer an incentive to go back to your store – often in the form of a discount. Doing this is likely to grab hold of their attention in the right way, and if they were unsure in any way about whether to complete the purchase before, this may well be enough to help them decide that it is what they want to do.
Ultimately, provided that you follow the steps and take care in ensuring that your Facebook remarketing campaign is targeted correctly, you should find that it could be very effective when it comes to getting results for your eCommerce store. With social media being so popular in the modern world, it makes absolute sense to use it to your advantage whenever you can, and there is certainly no doubt at all that this is a key example of this.